Monday 12 November 2012

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL

PYCNONOTUS SIMPLEX

MERBAH MATA PUTIH
18 CM

DESCRIPTION

Slim, small-headed bulbul, brown above and paler below, lightening to cram beneath tail; eyes white in Peninsular Malaysia, red in sabah and Sarawak (where it is distinguished from similar red-eye bulbul, by paler underside an vent). Sexes are alike

DISTRIBUTION

Resident from nearly 12 degN in Myanmar and Peninsular Thailand to Malaysia, Singapore, Sumatra, Banguran, Borneo and Java

HABITS AND HABITAT

Favours and interior understorey of lowland evergreen rainforest and peat-swamp forest; commoner in disturbed areas than in totally primary vegetation. Feeds on many kind of small, rounded fruits, and usually occurs in pairs or, sometimes, follows mixed foraging flocks. nesting occurs mainly Feb-Apr.

Source : A Naturalist's Guide to the BIRDS OF MALAYSIA including Sabah and Sarawak

ABOUT THE PHOTO

It was very existing today, because I took along annual leave and a long journey  to Batam Indonesia to see my old brother with all my family. It was planned after I met my Brother yesterday night, that we will go to the ex Vietnam refugees camp at Batam Pulau Galang. But, the planned was changed on the way go to the destination. We went to Mata Kucing Batam - the forest Nature Reserve that located at Batam - I was bit disappointed at this location because I can not find any birds- as a promise there are a lot of bird - but it is not  because I  am not find any bird but the time as very limited time because my family look like do not interest very much. 
The next trip  was then to Batam Pulau Galang where ex Vietnam Refugees is located  -  I hear some noise of the bird - I took my camera and start to shoot cream-vented bulbul - I was interest on the white ring eyes. It is cool 


ex Vietman refugees Camp located at Batam -
it took about 45 minute from Batam city.
The location where I took a shot of
CREAM-VENTED BULBUL

PHOTO 

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM

CREAM-VENTED BULBUL @ BATAM


No comments:

Post a Comment