Sunday 14 October 2012

ARACHNOTHERA MAGMA

ARACHNOTHERA MAGMA 

( Kelicap jantung Gunung)
18 cm



DESCRIPTION

Olive-green above from forehead tp tail, and buffy white below chin to vent, entire plumage finely streaked blackish. Bright orange -yellow feet often clearly visible 

DISTRIBUTION

Resident from cental Himalayan foothills  trough S China and the highlands of Southeast Asia to Peninsular Malaysia

HABITS and HABITAT

A characteristic bird of flower and upper montane forest in the Malay Peninsular at c 800-1800m , in the middle and upper stories, and in roadside vegetation at the hill stations. Take nectar from banana flowers at forest edge, and insects from the tangles of epiphytes and lichen on branches. Nesting remarkably under recorded considering the species is fairly common. Quick single alarm notes and a 2-note flight call can be often be heard.

Source : A Naturalist's Guide to the BIRDS OF MALAYSIA including Sabah and Sarawak

PHOTOS

Those below photos are taken by me- I admit that some of the photos need to be improved in the quality as specially on the angle, lighting direction - It is quite challenging and very tough task to shoot a photo  a birds especially for a small birds as they are very sensitive to the human and  small movements and sound. Looking for the birds in surrounding of the tree are also quite difficult task, sometimes I have to increase my sense in any small movement between the leaves while in the same times I have to be ready to recompose  my  camera. Sometimes I have to scarify to use AV mode instead of manual mode in shooting very active movement of the birds however with my CANON 5D Mark#3 in my hand, it is very really helpful  in facing  that kind of situation. As a photographer, I am very satisfy so far with CANON 5D  Mark#3, yes it is true it is delightful  and can be captured wonderful as well as  great moment.

PHOTO LOCATION 

The birds as below photo are located at Awana Genting Resort  however it may located other mountain at Peninsular of Malaysia, 


ABOUT THE PHOTO

I just wonder if I can shoot as many of birds  today compare with previous day . The rainy day at the day  before (Saturday) and also what police has explained me the  weeks ago make me not much expectation to shoot a many birds as well beautiful pose. Today, I am well prepared more than a week ago,   I bring more gear such as as Tripod as well as brings a army shorts to cover my camera and lens for a  camouflage purpose.  However after one hour go around and stay at one location the Awana Genting, I feel regrets to brings the tripod during walking around the forrest. As what I expect  from my home, that I will stay on one location use my camouflage then disband, because I feel no birds at this location. My hands feel shake bring my tripod in which I can not use it. At around 10 am after 2 hours journey without shoot any important birds, I I feel that I have to return back as soon as possible to my car and to keep my tripod inside  my car, and I do not have to bring anywhere. However at the area, in which I believe this area is used to be a game area, I found the birds Spiderhunter nicely perch on the branch, with good light.  thank to God at least I have something and do not waste  my time at Awana Genting today.


PHOTO DATE TAKEN



October 14 , 2012

ARACHNOTHERA MAGMA @ GENTING HIGHLAND 


ARACHNOTHERA MAGMA @ GENTING HIGHLAND 


ARACHNOTHERA MAGMA @ GENTING HIGHLAND 


ARACHNOTHERA MAGMA @ GENTING HIGHLAND 


No comments:

Post a Comment